Sunday, September 09, 2007

WIP - Imperial Stormtrooper squad

At last, some new stuff to show you. After a long absence I have got the paints out again, Hurrah! Here is my squad of Storm Troopers. I was a bit scared of starting them to begin with, there are so many little fiddly bits on them.



In the end I opted to undercoat them black, sloppy dry brush catachan green and then a light dry brush of cammo green followed by a binding wash of chaos black.

That gives a really good base coat to start adding little bits of colour and picking out important details on.

The Veteran Sarge is a slight custom job to make him look different from the other storm trooper sarge I have on the go. I added hair and an eye patch and also slightly altered the position of the pistol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be picky, but aren't Stormtroopers forced to shave their heads completely? Your sergeant lloks great, but I'm not sure it's completely accurate.

Izzy said...

You'll have to let me know which bit of fluff you are getting the 'forced to shave their heads' thing from, as its one I've missed. Seeing as there as many guard regiments as there are grains of sand, all with vastley different traditions and doctrines, I would guess that in some regiments stormtroopers are forced to shave their heads. These guys obviously don't come from one of those regiments :)

Unknown said...

Great looking minis. Would you mind if I share some of your work on my blog if I post links?

Unknown said...

Especially the imperial guard.

Izzy said...

Share away Shay

It's so long since I've posted anything here that I'd sort of forgotten it existed.

Feel free to link to anything you fancy on the blog. As long as you include a link to my blog in any posting you make, its cool with me. If you could drop me a link to anything you post so I can keep up with any intereting comments, that would be much appreciated too.

Regards, Iain