Friday, August 01, 2008

New modelling project taking up all my time

Sorry I've not done much to update this blog lately. My girlfriend and I have recently embarked on a joint project to accurately model human figures in approximately 1/4 scale - although I think they will probably come in a little bigger than that when they are finally finished. As you will be able to see, if you follow the link in the title, we have a lot to do just to get the two prototypes finished. Hopefully after the initial sculpt it will become easier to work on the details and I'll find time to get back to my other projects. For now the new venture is something of a labour of love and so I'll be devoting most of my free time to it.

Plans for the finished articles involve a mechanism to accurately replicate real human eating and sleeping behaviour. As it stands at the moment we are having trouble getting this right, but I have hopes for success in the not two distant future. Another three months should see something workable. After that I am toying with the idea of some form of speech recognition and maybe even walking motion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
warhammer space marine said...

We have catered for Warhammer 40k players since 2003, providing Forums, Articles, Galleries and Blogs for the best part of a decade. We are always at the forefront when it comes to Warhammer 40k Rumours or new releases and news.

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com